The LEA Group is the Lead Consultant on Two Smart City Projects in India
On June 25th, 2015, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi announced a total of $15 billion USD in funding has been approved for the development of 100 new designated “Smart Cities” and the rejuvenation of 500 others. The Smart City Mission sets a goal of developing cities that provide core infrastructure, provide a decent quality of life to their citizens, and apply smart solutions to improve services and infrastructure. Newly developed Smart Cities will be highly advanced in terms of overall infrastructure, sustainable real estate, and communications.
- Adequate water supply
- Assured electricity supply
- Sanitation, including solid waste management
- Efficient urban mobility and public transport
- Affordable housing, especially for the poor
- Robust IT connectivity and digitization
- Good governance, especially e-Governance and citizen participation
- Sustainable environment
- Safety and security of citizens, particularly women, children and the elderly
- Health and education
Faridabad Smart City Limited and Greater Warangal Smart City Corporation Limited, representing the cities of Faridabad (Haryana) and Warangal (Telangana), have both appointed LEA South Asia Associates (LASA) as their Lead Consultant to design, develop, manage and implement Smart City Projects. Each project started in Spring 2017 and is expected to be complete by Spring 2022.
The LEA Group is proud and honoured to take part in this historic urban renewal initiative, and will continue to work with stakeholders and citizens to ensure the responsible and sustainable growth of these cities.
Recent Smart Cities Mission News – Courtesy of Google News
- Train Lighting Market Competitive Dynamics & Global Outlook 2028: Top Key Players LPA Group Plc, LDF-PRO - New Daily Heraldon March 25, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Train Lighting Market Competitive Dynamics & Global Outlook 2028: Top Key Players LPA Group Plc, LDF-PRO New Daily HeraldTrain Lighting Market: Introduction. Train Lighting Market is expected to grow with significant rate throughout the forecast period owing to increase in railway ... […]
- BJP 2014 manifesto check: Has Modi government improved cities and the lot of the new middle class? - Scroll.inon March 25, 2019 at 2:00 pm
BJP 2014 manifesto check: Has Modi government improved cities and the lot of the new middle class? Scroll.inFrom better public transport and housing to 100 smart cities, the BJP made many promises before the last Lok Sabha election. How many have been fulfilled? […]
- India election 2019: Have 100 'smart cities' been built? - BBC Newson March 25, 2019 at 12:43 pm
India election 2019: Have 100 'smart cities' been built? BBC NewsIndia's urban population is growing rapidly and is expected to reach 600 million in the next decade. Its cities are already creaking under the strain of poor ... […]
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Market Analysis, Guidelines Overview and Upcoming Trends Forecast till 2026 - Business Heraldon March 25, 2019 at 11:22 am
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Market Analysis, Guidelines Overview and Upcoming Trends Forecast till 2026 Business HeraldSupervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) is system of hardware and software that permits organization to monitor, command, control, gather, and ... […]