The LEA Group is the Lead Consultant on Two Smart City Projects in India
On June 25th, 2015, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi announced a total of $15 billion USD in funding has been approved for the development of 100 new designated “Smart Cities” and the rejuvenation of 500 others. The Smart City Mission sets a goal of developing cities that provide core infrastructure, provide a decent quality of life to their citizens, and apply smart solutions to improve services and infrastructure. Newly developed Smart Cities will be highly advanced in terms of overall infrastructure, sustainable real estate, and communications.
- Adequate water supply
- Assured electricity supply
- Sanitation, including solid waste management
- Efficient urban mobility and public transport
- Affordable housing, especially for the poor
- Robust IT connectivity and digitization
- Good governance, especially e-Governance and citizen participation
- Sustainable environment
- Safety and security of citizens, particularly women, children and the elderly
- Health and education
Faridabad Smart City Limited and Greater Warangal Smart City Corporation Limited, representing the cities of Faridabad (Haryana) and Warangal (Telangana), have both appointed LEA South Asia Associates (LASA) as their Lead Consultant to design, develop, manage and implement Smart City Projects. Each project started in Spring 2017 and is expected to be complete by Spring 2022.
The LEA Group is proud and honoured to take part in this historic urban renewal initiative, and will continue to work with stakeholders and citizens to ensure the responsible and sustainable growth of these cities.
Recent Smart Cities Mission News – Courtesy of Google News
- Budget Announcements May Boost Housing Sector - BW Businessworldon June 26, 2019 at 6:56 am
Budget Announcements May Boost Housing Sector BW BusinessworldTax incentives, lower interest rates for affordable housing, tax benefits for 2nd house, subsuming of stamp duty in GST are among a slew of measures that may ... […]
- BJP slams state government for failure to deal with waterlogging in Hyderabad - The New Indian Expresson June 26, 2019 at 4:18 am
BJP slams state government for failure to deal with waterlogging in Hyderabad The New Indian ExpressBJP leader Karuna Gopal predicted that soon the city will experience water-borne diseases as rainwater mixes with sewerage water and pollutes drinking water. […]
- Bhubaneswar has its sight on the future - Times of Indiaon June 26, 2019 at 4:01 am
Bhubaneswar has its sight on the future Times of IndiaBHUBANESWAR: After making a visible impact by transforming the cityscape, the Bhubaneswar Smart City Limited (BSCL) is working on some futuristic proj. […]
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna Chandigarh: Housing board yet to acquire land for building flats under scheme - The Indian Expresson June 26, 2019 at 2:30 am
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna Chandigarh: Housing board yet to acquire land for building flats under scheme The Indian ExpressThe CHB was asked to carry out a demand survey for EWS, LIG and MIG households in the urban areas of Chandigarh. […]