The LEA Group is the Lead Consultant on Two Smart City Projects in India
On June 25th, 2015, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi announced a total of $15 billion USD in funding has been approved for the development of 100 new designated “Smart Cities” and the rejuvenation of 500 others. The Smart City Mission sets a goal of developing cities that provide core infrastructure, provide a decent quality of life to their citizens, and apply smart solutions to improve services and infrastructure. Newly developed Smart Cities will be highly advanced in terms of overall infrastructure, sustainable real estate, and communications.
- Adequate water supply
- Assured electricity supply
- Sanitation, including solid waste management
- Efficient urban mobility and public transport
- Affordable housing, especially for the poor
- Robust IT connectivity and digitization
- Good governance, especially e-Governance and citizen participation
- Sustainable environment
- Safety and security of citizens, particularly women, children and the elderly
- Health and education
Faridabad Smart City Limited and Greater Warangal Smart City Corporation Limited, representing the cities of Faridabad (Haryana) and Warangal (Telangana), have both appointed LEA South Asia Associates (LASA) as their Lead Consultant to design, develop, manage and implement Smart City Projects. Each project started in Spring 2017 and is expected to be complete by Spring 2022.
The LEA Group is proud and honoured to take part in this historic urban renewal initiative, and will continue to work with stakeholders and citizens to ensure the responsible and sustainable growth of these cities.
Recent Smart Cities Mission News – Courtesy of Google News
- Taking a step towards smart street lighting - ETRealty.comon September 19, 2019 at 5:52 am
Taking a step towards smart street lighting ETRealty.comSmart cities are another area where intelligent lighting will prove to be of immense value. […]
- Rs 34 crore to be spent on clearing mountain of waste at Chandigarh dump - The Indian Expresson September 19, 2019 at 3:21 am
Rs 34 crore to be spent on clearing mountain of waste at Chandigarh dump The Indian ExpressThe first project to finally see light of day will be the 'Mining of legacy waste' — the clearing the mountain of trash at the dumping ground. This will be done at a ... […]
- Smart Lighting Market in India 2023 : The report provides a detailed breakdown of the market region-wise and categorizes it at various levels - Rapid News Networkon September 19, 2019 at 3:12 am
Smart Lighting Market in India 2023 : The report provides a detailed breakdown of the market region-wise and categorizes it at various levels Rapid News NetworkMarket insights: Smart lights are weather-adaptive and includes the use of Internet of Things (IoT) for lighting homes, streets, factories and commercial spaces ... […]
- Workshop on challenges, potential of smart cities - The Hinduon September 18, 2019 at 8:03 pm
Workshop on challenges, potential of smart cities The HinduA workshop on 'Smart Cities and Sustainable Urban Development' will be held on September 20 at Marriott Hotel, bringing together experts from India and ... […]