The Davenport Diamond project provides a vital update to the GO and CP rail corridors, advancing the Metrolinx GO Rail Expansion program to provide faster, more frequent transit options throughout the GTA. Infrastructure Ontario (IO) has recently announced that Graham Commuter Rail Solutions (GCRS) has been awarded the contract for this assignment.
Members of the GCRS Design-Build Team include:
- Graham Construction and Engineering LP;
- LEA Consulting Ltd. as Design Lead;
- exp Services Inc.;
- International Bridge Technologies; and
- Brown & Storey Architects Inc.
LEA will take the Design Lead on the project and provide the following design services:
|► Design Management
► Electrical – Illumination
► Grading and Drainage
► Traffic and Transit Management
|► Storm Water Management
► Civil Roadworks
► Utility Coordination & Relocations
Major scope of work items for this project include:
- New rail grade separation structure between north-south GO Barrie Rail corridor and east-west CP Rail corridor;
- New retaining walls forming the approaches of the grade separation structure topped with noise reduction walls to minimize impacts on the community;
- A temporary diversion track to enable construction of a new two-track elevated guideway;
- Modification of an existing at-grade road crossing at Wallace Avenue to become a road under rail grade separation;
- Replacement of the Bloor Street West Bridge; and
- Construction staging in an active rail corridor with limited access points; and
- Coordination with the Barrie Rail Corridor Expansion Grading project.
LEA is thrilled to be a part of the team, and we look forward to working together with our partners to build a stronger, more accessible connection on the GO transit line. For more information on the project, please check out the announcement from Infrastructure Ontario.
Rick Baldasti, P.Eng.
Vice President, Civil
905-470-0015 ext. 264