The LEA Group is the Lead Consultant on Two Smart City Projects in India
On June 25th, 2015, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi announced a total of $15 billion USD in funding has been approved for the development of 100 new designated “Smart Cities” and the rejuvenation of 500 others. The Smart City Mission sets a goal of developing cities that provide core infrastructure, provide a decent quality of life to their citizens, and apply smart solutions to improve services and infrastructure. Newly developed Smart Cities will be highly advanced in terms of overall infrastructure, sustainable real estate, and communications.
- Adequate water supply
- Assured electricity supply
- Sanitation, including solid waste management
- Efficient urban mobility and public transport
- Affordable housing, especially for the poor
- Robust IT connectivity and digitization
- Good governance, especially e-Governance and citizen participation
- Sustainable environment
- Safety and security of citizens, particularly women, children and the elderly
- Health and education
Faridabad Smart City Limited and Greater Warangal Smart City Corporation Limited, representing the cities of Faridabad (Haryana) and Warangal (Telangana), have both appointed LEA South Asia Associates (LASA) as their Lead Consultant to design, develop, manage and implement Smart City Projects. Each project started in Spring 2017 and is expected to be complete by Spring 2022.
The LEA Group is proud and honoured to take part in this historic urban renewal initiative, and will continue to work with stakeholders and citizens to ensure the responsible and sustainable growth of these cities.
Recent Smart Cities Mission News – Courtesy of Google News
- ‘It is important to maintain the essence of our cities’: Kalpana Viswanath - Hindustan Timeson May 22, 2019 at 7:27 pm
‘It is important to maintain the essence of our cities’: Kalpana Viswanath Hindustan TimesThe incessant honking and cacophony of vehicles that is a defining characteristic of Indian roads leaves many with a splitting headache by the end of the ... […]
- STMicroelectronics Collaborates with Gaia to develop Citizen Smart Feedback System for Swachh Bharat Mission - Express Computeron May 22, 2019 at 4:34 pm
STMicroelectronics Collaborates with Gaia to develop Citizen Smart Feedback System for Swachh Bharat Mission Express ComputerSTMicroelectronics has announced its collaboration with Gaia Smart Cities Solutions Pvt. Ltd to develop a citizen smart feedback system for the Swachh Bharat ... […]
- Global Optical Fiber Market Demand, Scope, Future Expectations, Market overview by 2025 - Market Research Gazetteon May 22, 2019 at 7:21 am
Global Optical Fiber Market Demand, Scope, Future Expectations, Market overview by 2025 Market Research GazetteA Comprehensive research study conducted by KD Market Insights on ” Global Optical Fiber Market by Mode (Single Mode and Multi-Mode), Type (Glass Optical ... […]
- Four-tier GIS mapping on cards for a better Kochi - The New Indian Expresson May 22, 2019 at 1:43 am
Four-tier GIS mapping on cards for a better Kochi The New Indian ExpressThe mapping of Kochi on various components is being carried out by various stakeholders, including Kochi Corporation. […]