The LEA Group is the Lead Consultant on Two Smart City Projects in India
On June 25th, 2015, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi announced a total of $15 billion USD in funding has been approved for the development of 100 new designated “Smart Cities” and the rejuvenation of 500 others. The Smart City Mission sets a goal of developing cities that provide core infrastructure, provide a decent quality of life to their citizens, and apply smart solutions to improve services and infrastructure. Newly developed Smart Cities will be highly advanced in terms of overall infrastructure, sustainable real estate, and communications.
- Adequate water supply
- Assured electricity supply
- Sanitation, including solid waste management
- Efficient urban mobility and public transport
- Affordable housing, especially for the poor
- Robust IT connectivity and digitization
- Good governance, especially e-Governance and citizen participation
- Sustainable environment
- Safety and security of citizens, particularly women, children and the elderly
- Health and education
Faridabad Smart City Limited and Greater Warangal Smart City Corporation Limited, representing the cities of Faridabad (Haryana) and Warangal (Telangana), have both appointed LEA South Asia Associates (LASA) as their Lead Consultant to design, develop, manage and implement Smart City Projects. Each project started in Spring 2017 and is expected to be complete by Spring 2022.
The LEA Group is proud and honoured to take part in this historic urban renewal initiative, and will continue to work with stakeholders and citizens to ensure the responsible and sustainable growth of these cities.
Recent Smart Cities Mission News – Courtesy of Google News
- Apple in India: What about the smart car revolution? - Computerworldon October 22, 2019 at 1:22 pm
Apple in India: What about the smart car revolution? Computerworld
- Enhancing Efficiency in Indian Building - BW Businessworldon October 22, 2019 at 12:56 pm
Enhancing Efficiency in Indian Building BW Businessworld
- Rowdy sheeter found murdered in Visakhapatnam - YoVizagon October 22, 2019 at 11:33 am
Rowdy sheeter found murdered in Visakhapatnam YoVizag
- India’s green urban mobility plan - Moneycontrolon October 22, 2019 at 7:48 am
India’s green urban mobility plan Moneycontrol