The LEA Group is the Lead Consultant on Two Smart City Projects in India
On June 25th, 2015, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi announced a total of $15 billion USD in funding has been approved for the development of 100 new designated “Smart Cities” and the rejuvenation of 500 others. The Smart City Mission sets a goal of developing cities that provide core infrastructure, provide a decent quality of life to their citizens, and apply smart solutions to improve services and infrastructure. Newly developed Smart Cities will be highly advanced in terms of overall infrastructure, sustainable real estate, and communications.
- Adequate water supply
- Assured electricity supply
- Sanitation, including solid waste management
- Efficient urban mobility and public transport
- Affordable housing, especially for the poor
- Robust IT connectivity and digitization
- Good governance, especially e-Governance and citizen participation
- Sustainable environment
- Safety and security of citizens, particularly women, children and the elderly
- Health and education
Faridabad Smart City Limited and Greater Warangal Smart City Corporation Limited, representing the cities of Faridabad (Haryana) and Warangal (Telangana), have both appointed LEA South Asia Associates (LASA) as their Lead Consultant to design, develop, manage and implement Smart City Projects. Each project started in Spring 2017 and is expected to be complete by Spring 2022.
The LEA Group is proud and honoured to take part in this historic urban renewal initiative, and will continue to work with stakeholders and citizens to ensure the responsible and sustainable growth of these cities.
Recent Smart Cities Mission News – Courtesy of Google News
- India Smart Cities Report 2018-2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.comon March 20, 2018 at 10:02 am
India Smart Cities Report 2018-2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com Business Wire (press release)Full coverag […]
- GIFT City CEO Ajay Pandey: We have a commitment of close to Rs 11k crore for commercial developmenton March 20, 2018 at 7:18 am
GIFT City CEO Ajay Pandey: We have a commitment of close to Rs 11k crore for commercial development Moneycontrol.comFull coverag […]
- Bajaj Electricals Showcases 'Smart Indoors and Connected Outdoors' at Light + Building 2018on March 20, 2018 at 5:32 am
Bajaj Electricals Showcases 'Smart Indoors and Connected Outdoors' at Light + Building 2018 Business Wire India (press release)Full coverag […]
- Modi's flagship projects starved for cash: Reporton March 20, 2018 at 2:42 am
Modi's flagship projects starved for cash: Report Economic TimesFull coverag […]