The LEA Group is the Lead Consultant on Two Smart City Projects in India
On June 25th, 2015, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi announced a total of $15 billion USD in funding has been approved for the development of 100 new designated “Smart Cities” and the rejuvenation of 500 others. The Smart City Mission sets a goal of developing cities that provide core infrastructure, provide a decent quality of life to their citizens, and apply smart solutions to improve services and infrastructure. Newly developed Smart Cities will be highly advanced in terms of overall infrastructure, sustainable real estate, and communications.
- Adequate water supply
- Assured electricity supply
- Sanitation, including solid waste management
- Efficient urban mobility and public transport
- Affordable housing, especially for the poor
- Robust IT connectivity and digitization
- Good governance, especially e-Governance and citizen participation
- Sustainable environment
- Safety and security of citizens, particularly women, children and the elderly
- Health and education
Faridabad Smart City Limited and Greater Warangal Smart City Corporation Limited, representing the cities of Faridabad (Haryana) and Warangal (Telangana), have both appointed LEA South Asia Associates (LASA) as their Lead Consultant to design, develop, manage and implement Smart City Projects. Each project started in Spring 2017 and is expected to be complete by Spring 2022.
The LEA Group is proud and honoured to take part in this historic urban renewal initiative, and will continue to work with stakeholders and citizens to ensure the responsible and sustainable growth of these cities.
Recent Smart Cities Mission News – Courtesy of Google News
- Las Vegas Ponders Blockchain Technology in the Public Sector - Bitsonlineon January 15, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Las Vegas Ponders Blockchain Technology in the Public Sector BitsonlineLas Vegas city leaders are planning on making further forays into blockchain technology with a mind toward improving the deliverance of public services. […]
- Energy storage in India: A 'year of action' lies ahead of us - Energy Storage Newson January 15, 2019 at 4:41 pm
Energy storage in India: A 'year of action' lies ahead of us Energy Storage NewsDr Rahul Walawalkar by now probably needs little introduction for our readers. It's been a little while since his last Guest Blog for the site, but Dr Walawalkar has ... […]
- Growth in need of energy efficiency, energy price volatility & regulatory mandates primarily drives the growth of energy management system. - openPRon January 15, 2019 at 2:02 pm
Growth in need of energy efficiency, energy price volatility & regulatory mandates primarily drives the growth of energy management system. openPREnergy management systems (EMS) are devices that facilitate in monitoring and subsequently controlling the energy consumption of various assets, equipment, ... […]
- India’s Smart City Dream: What is the role of intelligent transport management system? - Economic Timeson January 15, 2019 at 5:25 am
India’s Smart City Dream: What is the role of intelligent transport management system? Economic TimesAn intelligent transport management system is the one which is integrated with Information and Communication Technology that ensures easy commute options ... […]