The LEA Group is the Lead Consultant on Two Smart City Projects in India
On June 25th, 2015, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi announced a total of $15 billion USD in funding has been approved for the development of 100 new designated “Smart Cities” and the rejuvenation of 500 others. The Smart City Mission sets a goal of developing cities that provide core infrastructure, provide a decent quality of life to their citizens, and apply smart solutions to improve services and infrastructure. Newly developed Smart Cities will be highly advanced in terms of overall infrastructure, sustainable real estate, and communications.
- Adequate water supply
- Assured electricity supply
- Sanitation, including solid waste management
- Efficient urban mobility and public transport
- Affordable housing, especially for the poor
- Robust IT connectivity and digitization
- Good governance, especially e-Governance and citizen participation
- Sustainable environment
- Safety and security of citizens, particularly women, children and the elderly
- Health and education
Faridabad Smart City Limited and Greater Warangal Smart City Corporation Limited, representing the cities of Faridabad (Haryana) and Warangal (Telangana), have both appointed LEA South Asia Associates (LASA) as their Lead Consultant to design, develop, manage and implement Smart City Projects. Each project started in Spring 2017 and is expected to be complete by Spring 2022.
The LEA Group is proud and honoured to take part in this historic urban renewal initiative, and will continue to work with stakeholders and citizens to ensure the responsible and sustainable growth of these cities.
Recent Smart Cities Mission News – Courtesy of Google News
- India Fast Becoming a Pillar of Global Growth & Stabilityon July 19, 2018 at 7:54 am
India Fast Becoming a Pillar of Global Growth & Stability Inter Press ServiceFull coverag […]
- Future Cities mission to China: applications now openon July 18, 2018 at 2:13 pm
Future Cities mission to China: applications now open GOV.UKFull coverag […]
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Leadon July 18, 2018 at 6:00 am
Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead CXOToday.comSmaller the city, faster the mission Clipper28 (satire) (press release) (blog)Full coverag […]
- Top Indian government projects that use GeoInformaticson July 17, 2018 at 11:09 am
Top Indian government projects that use GeoInformatics Geospatial World (press release) (blog)Full coverag […]