The LEA Group is the Lead Consultant on Two Smart City Projects in India
On June 25th, 2015, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi announced a total of $15 billion USD in funding has been approved for the development of 100 new designated “Smart Cities” and the rejuvenation of 500 others. The Smart City Mission sets a goal of developing cities that provide core infrastructure, provide a decent quality of life to their citizens, and apply smart solutions to improve services and infrastructure. Newly developed Smart Cities will be highly advanced in terms of overall infrastructure, sustainable real estate, and communications.
- Adequate water supply
- Assured electricity supply
- Sanitation, including solid waste management
- Efficient urban mobility and public transport
- Affordable housing, especially for the poor
- Robust IT connectivity and digitization
- Good governance, especially e-Governance and citizen participation
- Sustainable environment
- Safety and security of citizens, particularly women, children and the elderly
- Health and education
Faridabad Smart City Limited and Greater Warangal Smart City Corporation Limited, representing the cities of Faridabad (Haryana) and Warangal (Telangana), have both appointed LEA South Asia Associates (LASA) as their Lead Consultant to design, develop, manage and implement Smart City Projects. Each project started in Spring 2017 and is expected to be complete by Spring 2022.
The LEA Group is proud and honoured to take part in this historic urban renewal initiative, and will continue to work with stakeholders and citizens to ensure the responsible and sustainable growth of these cities.
Recent Smart Cities Mission News – Courtesy of Google News
- Of fury of floods and misery of people trying to put together their citizenship documents - National Heraldon August 23, 2019 at 3:00 pm
Of fury of floods and misery of people trying to put together their citizenship documents National HeraldFloods have affected lives and livelihoods of millions across India, however ignorant politicians have been indifferent to the misery of people and have done very ... […]
- India, France move to boost a robust relationship - CanIndia Newson August 23, 2019 at 1:39 pm
India, France move to boost a robust relationship CanIndia NewsParis, Aug 23 (IANS) The late summer sun had already set when French President Emmanuel Macron and Prime Minister Narendra Modi emerged from their ... […]
- Industry 4.0 can make ‘the world more sustainable’ - BusinessLineon August 23, 2019 at 3:52 am
Industry 4.0 can make ‘the world more sustainable’ BusinessLineThough a lot of jobs will be lost, new opportunities will emerge in skilled and knowledge-based sectors, says UNIDO chief. […]
- India, France conclude pathbreaking roadmap on digital technology partnership - Economic Timeson August 23, 2019 at 3:13 am
India, France conclude pathbreaking roadmap on digital technology partnership Economic TimesPARIS: India and France on Thursday concluded a path breaking road-map to make digital technology a transformative factor in their societies, to fight terror, ... […]