The LEA Group is the Lead Consultant on Two Smart City Projects in India
On June 25th, 2015, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi announced a total of $15 billion USD in funding has been approved for the development of 100 new designated “Smart Cities” and the rejuvenation of 500 others. The Smart City Mission sets a goal of developing cities that provide core infrastructure, provide a decent quality of life to their citizens, and apply smart solutions to improve services and infrastructure. Newly developed Smart Cities will be highly advanced in terms of overall infrastructure, sustainable real estate, and communications.
- Adequate water supply
- Assured electricity supply
- Sanitation, including solid waste management
- Efficient urban mobility and public transport
- Affordable housing, especially for the poor
- Robust IT connectivity and digitization
- Good governance, especially e-Governance and citizen participation
- Sustainable environment
- Safety and security of citizens, particularly women, children and the elderly
- Health and education
Faridabad Smart City Limited and Greater Warangal Smart City Corporation Limited, representing the cities of Faridabad (Haryana) and Warangal (Telangana), have both appointed LEA South Asia Associates (LASA) as their Lead Consultant to design, develop, manage and implement Smart City Projects. Each project started in Spring 2017 and is expected to be complete by Spring 2022.
The LEA Group is proud and honoured to take part in this historic urban renewal initiative, and will continue to work with stakeholders and citizens to ensure the responsible and sustainable growth of these cities.
Recent Smart Cities Mission News – Courtesy of Google News
- Exclusive Research on Digital Substation Market is Estimated to Raise USD 11.5 Billion by 2025 - Market News Bizon March 22, 2019 at 5:10 pm
Exclusive Research on Digital Substation Market is Estimated to Raise USD 11.5 Billion by 2025 Market News BizReportocean.com has added the new market study in its portfolio ” Global Digital Substation Market“. Global digital substation market is poised to raise USD 11.5 ... […]
- 3 years after launch, New Delhi Municipal Council smart city work in progress - Economic Timeson March 22, 2019 at 4:35 pm
3 years after launch, New Delhi Municipal Council smart city work in progress Economic TimesNEW DELHI: On January 28, 2016, 20 cities were chosen through a competitive contest for the government's urban renewal flagship initiative –– the Smart City ... […]
- Traffic Management System Market Driver Archives - Business Heraldon March 22, 2019 at 11:31 am
Traffic Management System Market Driver Archives Business HeraldTraffic management is a system that providing traffic management solutions that improve traffic flow and safety of road users. It also advices the command control ... […]
- Building Automation Systems Market Market Outlook by Product Overview, Application and Regions 2026 - Business Heraldon March 22, 2019 at 11:29 am
Building Automation Systems Market Market Outlook by Product Overview, Application and Regions 2026 Business HeraldBuilding automation system (BAS), is a computer-based control system installed in buildings to control and monitor the building's mechanical and electrical ... […]