LEA Consulting Ltd., an employee owned company, is a well-established professional services company comprised of engineers and planners providing consulting services for the planning, design, and construction administration of transportation infrastructure (primarily roads, highways, bridges, and transit systems) and buildings.
Based in Markham, Ontario, with a branch office located in Downtown Toronto, LEA Consulting Ltd. currently employs over 150 people. The culture is ripe for employee growth and development and has evolved to one of high achievement orientation with many long service highly engaged employees on staff. The enviable culture is flexible, professional, and relaxed, yet keenly focused with a track record of growth and success.
In response to an increasing demand for our services, we are looking for Engineers and Technicians to work on a wide range of projects, primarily in urban environments, for public and private sector clients.
Actual responsibilities will vary with the requirements of the project. However, in general, they will include:
- Conceptual, Functional and preliminary design for roadway, transit and land development projects
- Understanding of above and below grade utilities
- Understanding of traffic staging plans
- For land development projects, understanding of access and circulation, parking and loading design requirements
- Supervision and mentoring junior designers/engineers and CADD operators
- Coordination with other disciplines (e.g. architects, landscape architects, structural engineers, transportation engineers and planners)
Our objective is to provide opportunities to progressively participate in and manage larger and more complex projects through the development of long term relationships with existing and new clients.
Ideally, we are looking for individuals with the following qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of functional design experience
- Knowledge of TAC and MTO design standards, as well as municipalities’ design standards for development projects
- Experience with AutoCAD and a working knowledge of Microstation
- Eligibility for registration with PEO or OACETT is desirable.
If you are searching for a company that will provide challenging projects and frequent feedback on your performance in collaborative work environment, please send us your resume along with a covering letter using the form below.
We look forward to hearing from you.