About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA is currently seeking Engineers and Technicians to work on a wide range of projects, primarily in urban environments, for public and private sector clients, successful applicants will join our team of highly skilled professionals located in Downtown Toronto Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptual, Functional and preliminary design for roadway, transit and land development projects
- Understanding of above and below grade utilities
- Understanding of traffic staging plans
- For land development projects, understanding of access and circulation, parking and loading design requirements
- Supervision and mentoring junior designers/engineers and CADD operators
- Coordination with other disciplines (e.g. architects, landscape architects, structural engineers, transportation engineers and planners)
- A minimum of 3 years of functional design experience
- Knowledge of TAC and MTO design standards, as well as municipalities’ design standards for development projects
- Experience with AutoCAD and a working knowledge of Microstation
- Eligibility for registration with PEO or OACETT is desirable