Location: Toronto, ON
About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA Consulting is currently seeking a Transportation Analyst to join our dynamic Transportation Practice Area, located in our Downtown Office. The ideal candidate, will have 1-2 years of experience in Transportation in the private or the public sector, and a registered (EIT) working their way for a licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to a variety of transportation engineering and transportation planning studies using a variety of tools including transportation modeling and design packages;
- Collect, analyze and interpret traffic data to assess traffic impact and contribute to planning strategies and sustainable transportation solutions;
- Conduct travel demand forecasting, traffic modeling and graphical presentation;
- Undertake transit and traffic operational assessments and priority assessments;
- Maintain complete analysis of calculations records, statistical methods and projects reports;
- Participate in conducting site visits, undertaking research, data collection/field surveys, data summary, and documenting observations;
- Evaluate a variety of projects to identify the impact on social, environmental, and economic aspects;
- Other exciting transportation related duties.
- Post-Secondary Engineering, Planning or related Engineering degree with 1 to 2 years of Transportation experience
- Registered Engineer-in-Training (EIT) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), working their way for a licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Strong command in MS Excel/Spreadsheet
- Strategic and process oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment
- Team player, able to prioritize with good organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, and good problem-solving skills
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.