About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA is currently seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) to join our dynamic Corporate Services department, located at our Markham office. The ideal candidate, will help us fill key positions (primarily Senior Engineering roles) in our organization to support our strategic initiative for growth. The successful candidate will be able to attract top talent using a variety of outlets, ensuring successful and long-term placements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with hiring leads to identify key requirements and set recruitment strategies for designated roles.
- Source and generate leads by: preparing and posting job postings that are articulate, professional and attention-grabbing to attract the right candidates; identifying social networks, industry events and conferences, online forums and communities where specialists gather;
- Recruit and attract top talent by helping build and maintain a strong employer brand, promote our company culture.
- Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments, in-person interviews and reference checks.
- Support the negotiation and closing of offers.
- Network and build long-lasting relationships to generate a strong talent pool and pipeline of potential hires and act as an ambassador of LEA in promoting our employer brand to potential hires
- Actively participate in seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest industry trends
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Marketing, Human Resources or related field.
- 3-5 years of proven full-cycle recruitment experience as a Talent Acquisition Specialist or similar role in the Civil Engineering field.
- Proven track record of sourcing and generating leads to recruit and attract top talent.
- Hands on experience using various interview techniques and evaluation methods.
- Proficient with social media platforms.
- Personal Qualities: ability to foster relationships, personable, effective negotiation skills, highly organized, immaculate attention to detail.
- Ability to travel locally as required
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.