About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA is currently seeking a Structures Project Manager to join our team of highly skilled professionals in our team located in Markham Office. The successful candidate who will lead design teams through preliminary and detailed design of a wide range of bridge and transportation structures related projects and will be joining a growing team that desires to be recognized as one the industry’s best.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume overall project management of structural projects
- Act as Design Lead on structural projects such as new bridges, underground transit stations, culverts and retaining walls and rehabilitation design of existing structures
- Coordinate/supervise technicians and designers to ensure that contract drawings are accurately prepared and checked
- Develop project specifications and cost estimates
- Conduct and compile inspection reports
- Liaise with other departments and sub consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work
- Maintain professional growth and development though seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends
- Must possess Civil Engineering degree and P.Eng. designation; Master’s degree preferred.
- Expertise in steel, reinforced concrete, and pre-stressed concrete design to CSA-S6 and CAN/CSA A23.3 essential.
- Strong analytical skills and creativity to develop concepts/options and complete evaluations to a criteria
- Excellent communication and professional presentation skills to interact with senior level industry and government stakeholders
- Well established professional relationships with TTC/Metrolinx and the Ministry of Transportation