LEA is currently seeking an Structural Engineer in Training to join our team of highly skilled professionals in our Structural Engineering for Bridge and Structures Group located in our Markham office. The successful candidate will assist engineering teams with the preliminary and detailed design of a wide range of bridge and transportation structures related projects, preparing reports and contract documents, exposure to proposals, and structural assessment/inspections.
Qualified candidates will have the most current skills and abilities in various aspects of structure design. The only limitations for advancement are those which are self-imposed; the company has a long history of developing employees into industry leading contributors.
- Design of new bridges, underground transit stations, culverts and retaining walls and rehabilitation design of existing structures involving structural modelling and design of new structures.
- Attend project meetings, interface with clients with other Engineers.
- Coordination within the design team and assist Project Managers with schedules and day to day project management tasks.
- Assist in developing project specifications and cost estimates.
- Assist in field inspection of existing structures and compiling inspection reports.
- Liaise with other departments and sub consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work under the direction of an Engineer
- Maintain professional growth and development though seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends.
- New graduate with an Engineering Degree from a North American University with the intent of working towards obtaining their Professional Engineers license.
- Strong interest in design of bridges and underground structures involving soil interaction.
- Steel, reinforced concrete, and prestressed concrete design to CAN/CSA-S6 and CAN/CSA A23.3 essential.
- Strong analytical skills and creativity to develop concepts/options and complete evaluations to a criteria.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with solid skills in dealing with clients at meetings.
If you are excited by the challenges of working in a dynamic, client-focused organization, we invite you to come grow with our team!
Interested candidates please apply in strict confidence by submitting their cover letter and resume using the "Apply Online" button below.
About this Company
LEA Consulting Ltd., an employee owned company, is a well-established professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners providing consulting services for the planning, design and construction administration of transportation infrastructure projects primarily roads, highways, bridges and transit systems.
The culture is ripe for employee growth and development and has evolved to one of high achievement with many long service, highly engaged employees. The enviable culture is flexible, professional and relaxed, yet keenly focused with a track record of growth and success. It has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability and respect.
Our team approach relies on a rich mix of talent, experience and innovation that allows working closely with clients, looking out for their interests while genuinely caring about each project’s outcome. Our success is measured only by the satisfaction of our clients. Our goal is to complete every design on schedule, within the budget and with the best design solutions to benefit our clients. We strongly believe that quality surpasses quantity when it comes to engineering. We are especially mindful of concerns for cost and efficiency, as well as the need to maintain a high degree of structural integrity and safety.