LEA Consulting Ltd., an employee owned company, is a well-established professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners providing consulting services for the planning, structural design and construction administration of building and transportation infrastructure (primarily roads, highways, bridges and transit systems) projects.
The culture is ripe for employee growth and development and has evolved to one of high achievement with many long service, highly engaged employees. The enviable culture is flexible, professional and relaxed, yet keenly focused with a track record of growth and success. It has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability and respect.
In 2014, we made the decision to invest in growing our structural engineering business by developing a broader range of capabilities including Structural Engineering for Buildings. This business line is supported by a strong Structures team along with a Civil Engineering and Transportation Planning Group.
Our team approach relies on a rich mix of talent, experience and innovation that allows working closely with clients, looking out for their interests while genuinely caring about each project’s outcome. Our success is measured only by the satisfaction of our clients. Our goal is to complete every design on schedule, within the budget and with the best design solutions to benefit our clients. We strongly believe that quality surpasses quantity when it comes to engineering. We are especially mindful of concerns for cost and efficiency, as well as the need to maintain a high degree of structural integrity and safety.
LEA is currently seeking a Structural Engineer / Engineering Graduate to join our team of highly skilled professionals in our Buildings group. The successful candidate will assist in developing structural engineering designs for new buildings, renovations and additions for a wide range of related projects and will be joining a growing team that desires to be recognized as the industry’s best.
Qualified candidates will have the most current structural engineering skills and abilities. The only limitations for advancement are those which are self-imposed; the company has a long history of developing employees into industry leading contributors.
- Working with a team of professionals, assist to develop structural engineering designs for buildings, from concept through to construction completion;
- Liaise with peers from clients and/or other consultants to ensure structural design is compatible and complete;
- Assist with assembly of contract documents including structural engineering drawings and specifications;
- Execute construction review of structures to ensure general conformance with the contract documents;
- Attend meetings with clients and other consultants, effectively coordinating and communicating structural intent;
- Accurately record activities on projects.
- Commit to a high standard of work and ensure quality control reviews are completed for every project;
- Contribute to the development of practices and procedures that continually improve and advance our systems;
- 3-5 years of buildings related structural engineering experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- Licensed by PEO and in good standing or eligible to be licensed;
- Experience with the design of structures constructed of concrete, structural steel, masonry and timber;
- Proficient using structural engineering analysis software;
- Effective communication skills;
- Demonstrated willingness to learn;
- Organizational, prioritization and time management skills; and
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision.
If you are excited by the challenges of working in a dynamic, client-focused organization, we invite you to come grow with our team!
Interested candidates please apply in strict confidence by submitting their cover letter and resume using the form below.