Senior Project Manager – Transportation Planning
Location: Toronto, ON
About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA Consulting is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager – Transportation Planning to join our dynamic Transportation Practice Area, located at our Downtown Toronto Office. The ideal candidate, will possess leadership and mentorship capabilities and a solid background in Transportation Planning and Public Consultation in addition to strong Project Management skills for managing large scale transportation projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare Master Plans and various Transportation Planning studies which include but not limited to; Secondary Plans, Parking Demand and Management, Transportation Demand Management, Active Transportation, Corridor Studies, Major Transit Station Areas
- Management multi-disciplinary teams for transportation related Environmental Assessment projects, in accordance with processes including the Municipal Class EA for Planning and Design, Environmental Assessments for Ministry of Transportation Projects, Transit Projects Assessment Process, and Individual Environmental Assessments.
- Leading of public consultation activities for private sector and public sector infrastructure projects.
- Management of project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget, for both internal multi-disciplinary teams and sub-consultants.
- Manage and coordinate relationships with clients, stakeholders and third parties.
- Prepare regular status reports by tracking projects progress and analyzing of relevant information.
- Identify and develop new and existing opportunities with public and private sectors clients, participate in proposal writing and project budget.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary Engineering, Planning or related degree with 10 years to 15 years of Transportation experience
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) and a Registered Professional Planner (RPP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is an asset
- Strong Transportation Engineering and Planning background (Design, Modelling or Road Design)
- Experience in Public Consultation, Transportation Demand Management, and Active Transportation Planning
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.