About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA Consulting Ltd. is seeking Senior Highway Design Engineers. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of financial success. A certain culture has evolved which has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement-oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability, and respect. The culture fosters an environment of staff collaboration and flexibility that facilitates sound, rapid decision making, constant learning, and a continuous stream of innovation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage highway design projects and serving as the Project Manager in the design of major projects for the Ontario Ministry of Transportation and municipalities throughout Ontario
- Supervising other designers and technical support staff engaged in the design of highways and roads in Ontario
- Assisting the department manager to train/mentor, assess and recruit staff
- Preparation of proposals, expressions of interest and other marketing material
- Help promote the firm to current and potential clients
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends
- Minimum 10 years of experience in MTO PD/Design involving multi-disciplines
- Freeway TPM detailed design/traffic staging
- Detailed design – multi-lane arterial & expressway – major reconstruction and/or widening
- Detailed design – multi-lane arterial & expressway – minor reconstruction and resurfacing
- Preliminary design – functional planning & design studies
- Progressive track record as a project manager/design of road and highway design projects including environmental assessments especially on projects for the Ontario ministry of transportation; extensive design experience using current MTO standards, geometric design, road side safety traffic staging
- Management and production of MTO contract packages
- Solid skills in developing business opportunities, selling services and making presentations to clients
- Established, good reputation with the Ontario Ministry of Transportation and municipalities of Ontario
- Engineering degree and P.Eng, designation essential