LEA Consulting Ltd. www.lea.ca an employee owned company is a well-established professional services company comprised of engineers and planners providing consulting services for the planning, design and construction administration of transportation infrastructure (primarily roads, highways, bridges and transit systems).
Based in Markham Ontario, Lea Consulting Ltd. currently employs 150 people. The culture is ripe for employee growth and development and has evolved to one of high achievement orientation with many long service highly engaged employees on staff. The enviable culture is flexible, professional and relaxed, yet keenly focused with a track record of growth and success. Lea is owned and managed by senior professionals ensuring a high level of client service, commitment to technical excellence and cost effective implementation.
LEA Consulting Ltd. is seeking Senior Highway Design Engineers. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of financial success. A certain culture has evolved which has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability and respect. The culture fosters an environment of staff collaboration and flexibility that facilitates sound, rapid decision making, constant learning and a continuous stream of innovation. There is the opportunity for significant financial rewards based on share ownership and a substantial profit sharing plan based primarily on performance.
Senior Highway Design Engineers will:
- Manage highway design projects and serving as the Project Manager in the design of major projects for the Ontario Ministry of Transportation and municipalities throughout Ontario.
- Supervising other designers and technical support staff engaged in the design of highways and roads in Ontario
- Assisting the department manager to train/mentor, assess and recruit staff
- Preparation of proposals, expressions of interest and other marketing material
- Help promote the firm to current and potential clients
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum ten years of experience in MTO PD/Design involving multi-disciplines
- Freeway TPM detailed design/traffic staging
- Detailed design – multi-lane arterial & expressway – major reconstruction and/or widening
- Detailed design – multi-lane arterial & expressway – minor reconstruction and resurfacing
- Preliminary design – functional planning & design studies
- Value engineering
- Progressive track record as a project manager/design of road and highway design projects including environmental assessments especially on projects for the Ontario ministry of transportation; extensive design experience using current MTO standards, geometric design, road side safety traffic staging
- Management and production of MTO contract packages
- Solid skills in developing business opportunities, selling services and making presentations to clients
- Established, good reputation with the Ontario Ministry of Transportation and municipalities of Ontario
- Engineering degree and P.Eng, designation essential
LEA Consulting Ltd. offers employees a work environment described by employees as one having a significant amount of freedom. The opportunity for company ownership is a distinct advantage for those who want to contribute at the highest levels and reap the rewards of their efforts. The culture is lacking in organizational bureaucracy and politics resulting in faster decision making, more personal accountability, client focus and financial rewards. Salaries are very competitive, as is the group benefits program. Social events are yet another example which sets this company apart from many others; there is a common bond among employees resulting in very strong attendance at the many company sponsored functions each year.