About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA Consulting Ltd. is seeking Junior Structural Designer (EIT) to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of success. The successful applicants will provide structural design work and modelling related to bridges, transit, culverts, retaining walls, and rehabilitation design of different structures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in design of new bridges, underground transit stations, culverts and retaining walls, and rehabilitation design of existing structures involving structural modelling and design of new structures
- Attend project meetings, interface with clients and with other Engineers
- Co-ordinate within the design team and assist Project Managers with schedules and day to day project management tasks
- Assist in developing project specifications and cost estimates
- Assist in field inspection of existing structures and compiling inspection reports
- Liaise with other departments and sub consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work under the direction of an Engineer
- Maintain professional growth and development though seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to achieving engineering excellence
- A desire to learn and continually develop
- Co-op experience is an asset