Junior Structural Designer (Buildings) – New Graduate
Location: Downtown Toronto, ON
About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA Consulting Ltd. is seeking Junior Structural Designer (EIT) to join our team located in the Downtown Toronto Office. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of success. The successful candidate will assist in developing structural engineering designs for new buildings, renovations and additions for a wide range of related projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop structural engineering designs for (Institutional, Commercial and Residential) projects, from concept through to construction completion
- Liaise with other departments and sub consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work under the direction of an Engineer
- Assist with assembly of contract documents including structural engineering drawings and specifications
- Execute construction review of structures to ensure general conformance with the contract documents
- Attend meetings with clients and other consultants, effectively coordinating and communicating structural intent
- Assist in field inspection of existing structures and compiling inspection reports
- Co-ordinate within the design team and assist Project Managers with schedules and day to day project management tasks
- Maintain professional growth and development though seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends
- Commit to a high standard of work and ensure quality control reviews are completed for every project
- Perform other related tasks and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to achieving engineering excellence
- A desire to learn and continually develop
- Co-op experience is an asset
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.