Junior Electrical Designer – (EIT)
Location: Markham, ON
About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA Consulting Ltd. is seeking a Junior Electrical Designer – (EIT) to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of success. The successful applicants will assist in Traffic Signals design and Illumination work related to infrastructure projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Traffic Signals design and Illumination projects for different clients, including; Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO), Municipalities as well as Private Developers
- Perform site visits, inspections, and preparation of reports relating to existing and new structures
- Assist in developing project specifications and cost estimates
- Attend project meetings, interface with clients and with other Engineers
- Liaise with other departments and sub consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work under the direction of an Engineer
- Maintain professional growth and development though seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Familiar with design and calculation lighting software (AGi32 and AutoLUX)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to complete Professional Engineer designation P.Eng
- A desire to learn and continually develop
- Enjoy working as a team member as well as independently
- Experience with power distribution design would be an asset
- Relevant Co-op experience is an asset
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.