Junior Civil Designer – New Graduate
Location: Markham, ON
About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
- LEA Consulting Ltd. is seeking Junior Civil Designer (EIT) to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of success. The successful applicants will provide Civil design work and modelling related to the Civil Practice Area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in design of Storm Water Management plan, Municipal Water Resources System (Watermains, Storm Sewers, Sanitary Sewers), Site Grading and Drainage plans
- Prepare CAD drawings using AutoCad and MicroStation
- Assist in the design of roads and highways using Civil-3D and InRoads
- Attend project meetings, interface with clients and with other Engineers
- Co-ordinate within the design team and assist Project Managers with schedules and day to day project management tasks
- Assist in developing project specifications and cost estimates
- Manage collection of as-built drawings and modelling data from Clients and Authorities having jurisdiction
- Liaise with other departments and sub consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work under the direction of an Engineer
- Gather background and utility information, and assist with the preparation of composite utility plans and utility conflict identification and mitigation
- Maintain professional growth and development though seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental/Water Resources Engineering
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Civil 3D and MicroStation is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to achieving engineering excellence
- A desire to learn and continually develop
- Co-op experience is an asset
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.