CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Intermediate Electrical Engineer
LOCATION: Markham, Ontario
About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our dynamic Transportation and Infrastructure Systems Group, located at our Markham office. You will be responsible for various electrical designs, from conceptual design through to commissioning for transportation and infrastructure projects that involve traffic signals, roadway lighting, low voltage electrical power distribution, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), and infrastructure security systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design of traffic signals and PHM-125;
- Design of various traffic detector technologies;
- Design of lighting for roadways, highways, parking lots, and pedestrian pathways;
- Design of low voltage power distribution systems for traffic signals, lighting and other ITS;
- Design and develop specifications, including layout plans, wiring schematics, construction details for Contract Packages;
- Perform quantity calculations and cost estimates;
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance;
- Review of designs, drawings and calculations prepared by other designers and engineers;
- Manage the preparation of reports for various phases of design;
- Support other new business initiatives;
- Manage and direct the preparation of proposals;
- Field work and inspections may be required;
- Lead and mentor junior staff.
- Post-secondary education in electrical engineering from a PEO accredited university;
- Licensed with PEO or equivalent provincial association within Canada;
- 5+ years’ of directly related experience;
- Knowledge of traffic signal design standards for the MTO, City of Toronto, and other municipalities;
- Knowledge and proficiency with AGI32;
- Knowledge of MTO contract preparation system;
- Knowledge of building electrical systems would be an asset;
- Excellent technical, analytical writing, and presentation skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated willingness to learn;
- Comfort and interest in meeting with clients;
- Ability to travel when required.
If you are excited by the challenges of working in a dynamic, client-focused organization, we invite you to come grow with our team!
 We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.