LEA is currently seeking multiple CAD Drafters to join our team of highly skilled professionals in our Structural Engineering for Bridge and Structures Group located in our Markham office. The successful candidate will be responsible for model / drawing production on a wide range of bridge and transportation structures related projects and will be joining a growing team that desires to be recognized as one the industry’s best.
Qualified candidates will have the most current skills and abilities in various aspects of structural CAD for bridges and other transportation structures using AutoCAD and/or MicroStation. The only limitations for advancement are those which are self-imposed; the company has a long history of developing employees into industry leading contributors.
LEA is part of some of the major transportation projects in the Toronto area and is offering the opportunity to work on these prestigious transportation projects to be part of the growth of our firm.
- Develop and prepare models / drawings from concept sketches and engineering designs using AutoCAD/MicroStation;
- Maintain and modify structural design layouts through the project lifecycle;
- Develop and maintain the companies modelling / drafting standards;
- Interact with structural engineering team to understand project requirements (schedule and budgets) and monitor throughout the project;
- Liaise with peers from client and/or other consultants to gather project information to develop plans, sections, elevations, details to deliver a coordinated design package;
- Take ownership of the production of documentation packages and drawings sets; and
- 5+ years of related structural modelling / drafting experience using AutoCAD and/or MicroStation;
- Graduate of an Engineering Design or Drafting Technology program, or equivalent from an accredited college;
- Proficient in AutoCAD and able to produce structural engineering models/drawings for buildings. Proficiency with Bentley MicroStation would be an added benefit;
- General knowledge of structures constructed of concrete, structural steel, and masonry;
- Effective communication skills;
- Attention to detail, particularly related to the quality of the models/drawings;
- Demonstrated willingness to learn;
- Proven desire to independently research technological advances of the industry;
- Organizational, prioritizing and time management skills;
- Willingness to work overtime when required; and
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision.
If you are excited by the challenges of working in a dynamic, client-focused organization, we invite you to come grow with our team!
Interested candidates please apply in strict confidence by submitting their cover letter and resume using the form below.
About this Company
LEA Consulting Ltd., an employee owned company, is a well-established professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners providing consulting services for the planning, design and construction administration of transportation infrastructure projects primarily roads, highways, bridges and transit systems.
The culture is ripe for employee growth and development and has evolved to one of high achievement with many long service, highly engaged employees. The enviable culture is flexible, professional and relaxed, yet keenly focused with a track record of growth and success. It has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability and respect.
Our team approach relies on a rich mix of talent, experience and innovation that allows working closely with clients, looking out for their interests while genuinely caring about each project’s outcome. Our success is measured only by the satisfaction of our clients. Our goal is to complete every design on schedule, within the budget and with the best design solutions to benefit our clients. We strongly believe that quality surpasses quantity when it comes to engineering. We are especially mindful of concerns for cost and efficiency, as well as the need to maintain a high degree of structural integrity and safety.