LEA is currently seeking an Intermediate Bridge Engineer to join our team of highly skilled professionals in our Structural Engineering for Bridge and Structures Group located in our Markham office. The successful candidate will be responsible for preliminary and detailed design of a wide range of bridge and transportation structures related projects, preparing reports and contract documents, exposure to proposals, and structural assessment/inspections.
Qualified candidates will have the most current skills and abilities in various aspects of structure design. The only limitations for advancement are those which are self-imposed; the company has a long history of developing employees into industry leading contributors.
- Design of new bridges, underground transit stations, culverts and retaining walls and rehabilitation design of existing structures.
- Act as Project Engineer on structural projects.
- Attend project meetings, interface with clients.
- Responsible for coordination/supervision of technicians and designers to ensure that contract drawings are accurately prepared and checked.
- Develop project specifications and cost estimates.
- Field inspection of existing structures and compiling inspection reports.
- Liaise with other departments and sub consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work
- Maintain professional growth and development though seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends.
- 5 to 8 years progressive track record as bridge design engineer or project engineer on bridge projects or underground subway/LRT station design.
- Steel, reinforced concrete, and pre-stressed concrete design to CAN/CSA-S6 and CAN/CSA A23.3 essential.
- Strong analytical skills and creativity to develop concepts/options and complete evaluations to a criteria.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with solid skills in dealing with clients at meetings.
- Established a good reputation with a range of clients in Ontario, including municipalities in the GTA, TTC/Metrolinx and the Ministry of Transportation.
- Engineer Degree from a North American University and Professional Engineer designation mandatory, Master Degree preferable.
If you are excited by the challenges of working in a dynamic, client-focused organization, we invite you to come grow with our team!
Interested candidates please apply in strict confidence by submitting their cover letter and resume using the form below.
About this Company
LEA Consulting Ltd., an employee owned company, is a well-established professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners providing consulting services for the planning, design and construction administration of transportation infrastructure projects primarily roads, highways, bridges and transit systems.
The culture is ripe for employee growth and development and has evolved to one of high achievement with many long service, highly engaged employees. The enviable culture is flexible, professional and relaxed, yet keenly focused with a track record of growth and success. It has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability and respect.
Our team approach relies on a rich mix of talent, experience and innovation that allows working closely with clients, looking out for their interests while genuinely caring about each project’s outcome. Our success is measured only by the satisfaction of our clients. Our goal is to complete every design on schedule, within the budget and with the best design solutions to benefit our clients. We strongly believe that quality surpasses quantity when it comes to engineering. We are especially mindful of concerns for cost and efficiency, as well as the need to maintain a high degree of structural integrity and safety.