LEA is currently seeking an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Engineer to join our dynamic Transportation and Infrastructure Systems Group, located at our Markham office. Reporting to the Department Managers, you will be responsible for various system designs, from conceptual design through to commissioning for transportation projects that involve Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), primarily in the areas of traffic signal control, freeway traffic management, transit management systems, infrastructure security, communications subsystems and power distribution.
- Design and develop system specifications, including layout plans, communication and wiring schematics, construction details;
- Perform quantity calculations and cost estimates;
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance;
- Review of designs, drawings and calculations prepared by other designers and engineers;
- Participation in ITS design, development, documentation, and/or testing;
- Manage the preparation of reports for various phases of design;
- Support other new business initiatives;
- Manage and direct the preparation of proposals;
- Field work may be required;
- Lead and mentor younger design and engineering staff;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline from a PEO accredited university;
- Licensed with PEO or equivalent provincial association within Canada;
- 10+ years’ of directly related experience;
- Excellent technical, analytical writing, and presentation skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated willingness to learn;
- Comfort and interest in meeting with clients;
- Ability to travel.
If you are excited by the challenges of working in a dynamic, client-focused organization, we invite you to come grow with our team!
Interested candidates please apply in strict confidence by submitting their cover letter and resume using the form below.
LEA Consulting Ltd., an employee owned company, is a well-established professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners providing consulting services for the planning, design and construction administration of infrastructure projects primarily with roads, highways, bridges and transit systems.
The culture is ripe for employee growth and development and has evolved to one of high achievement with many long service, highly engaged employees. The enviable culture is flexible, professional and relaxed, yet keenly focused with a track record of growth and success. It has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability and respect.
Our team approach relies on a rich mix of talent, experience and innovation that allows working closely with clients, looking out for their interests while genuinely caring about each project’s outcome. Our success is measured only by the satisfaction of our clients. Our goal is to complete every design on schedule, within the budget and with the best design solutions to benefit our clients. We strongly believe that quality surpasses quantity when it comes to engineering.