Intelligent Transportation Systems Engineer
Location: Markham, ON
About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA Consulting is currently seeking an Intelligent Transportation Systems Engineer (P.Eng), to join our dynamic Transportation and Infrastructure Systems Group, located at our Markham office. The successful applicant will be responsible for various systems designs, from conceptual design through to commissioning, for transportation projects that involve Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). Primarily in the areas of traffic signal control, freeway traffic management, transit management systems, infrastructure security, communications subsystems and power distribution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and/or undertake the design and development of system drawings, including layout plans, communication and wiring schematics, construction details
- Lead and/or undertake the development of project specifications, quantity calculations and cost estimates
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance is followed throughout the project lifecycle
- Review of designs, drawings and calculations prepared by other designers and engineers
- Participation in ITS design, development, documentation, and/or testing
- Manage the preparation of reports for various phases of design
- Support other new business initiatives
- Manage project schedules, scope, resources and budgets
- Manage and undertake the preparation of proposals
- Perform site visits, inspections, and preparation of reports relating to existing and new systems may be required
- Lead and mentor younger design and engineering staff
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Civil, or Systems Engineering
- 10+ years of direct experience in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Specialization in one or more ITS subsystems
- Experience with design-build projects
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Canada, and/or is able to be licensed with the Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
- Project Management Professional certification, would be an asset
- Working understanding of design and drafting software (AutoCAD and Microstation)
- Proficient with MS Office products, including MS Project
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An interest and ability to work across Canada, and internationally as needed, would be an asset
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.