Intelligent Transportation Systems Designer (EIT)
Location: Markham, ON
About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA Consulting is currently seeking a Systems Designer (Intelligent Transportation Systems - ITS) to join our dynamic Transportation and Infrastructure Systems Group, located at our Markham office. The successful applicant will be responsible for various systems designs, from conceptual design through to commissioning, for transportation projects that involve Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). Primarily in the areas of traffic signal control, freeway traffic management, transit management systems, infrastructure security, communications subsystems and power distribution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigating, analyzing and solving problems
- Design and develop system drawings, including layout plans, communication and wiring schematics, and construction details
- Assist in developing project specifications, quantity calculations and cost estimates
- Attend project meetings, interface with clients and with other engineers
- Prepare regular reports for various phases of design
- Perform site visits, inspections, and preparation of reports relating to existing and new systems
- Liaise with other departments and sub consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work under the direction of an Engineer
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance is followed throughout the project lifecycle
- Maintain professional growth and development though seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Civil or Systems Engineering
- Strong interest and passion for ITS, related infrastructure systems, and technology
- Familiar with design and drafting software (AutoCAD, Microstation, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to complete Professional Engineer designation P.Eng, with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
- A desire to learn and continually develop
- Enjoy working as a team member as well as independently
- Experience with low voltage power distribution design would be an asset
- Relevant Co-op experience is an asset
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.