Location: Central, North and Western Regions
About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA Consulting is looking for an Inspector with experience in MTO projects, that include; construction, rehabilitation or maintenance of roads, highways, and bridges. The successful applicant will be working on different construction project sites as assigned, overseeing construction activities and site works to ensure compliance with contract documents, drawings, and specifications through all stages of the construction project. The Inspector will be part of LEA’s Contract Administration Group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct inspection of (highways, roads and bridges) construction as per the Ministry of Transportation, Ontario (MTO) Construction Administration Inspection Task Manual (CAITM)
- Maintain accurate and detailed description of contract operations relative to the Contractor’s activities
- Document work executed, and accurately measure quantities of work completed to support monthly progress and final payments to the contractor
- Record actual time of construction and contractor activities including areas of work, movement of equipment, manpower and weather conditions
- Ensure that all applicable milestone inspections are carried out and documented in the appropriate diaries
- Maintain other diaries as directed by the Contract Administrator
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Road Construction Senior Inspector Designation (RCSI)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments
- Good knowledge of Ontario legislations and occupational Health and Safety Act
- Proven knowledge of MTO requirements and standards
- Strong knowledge of construction methods, material and equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer applications related to the work
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills, high accuracy and attention to details
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.