Engineering Field Technician
About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Temiskaming in the City of Temiskaming Shores, LEA Consulting Ltd. is seeking an Engineering Field Technician/Technologist to join our team working on municipal infrastructure projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct site inspection works for roads and municipal infrastructure projects;
- Review construction activities for compliance with specifications and accuracy of work executed as per drawings;
- Maintain accurate and detailed description of operations relative to the Contractor’s/sub-contractor’s activities;
- Keep records of construction activities, work executed, and material testing;
- Liaise with other technical team staff and/or sub-consultants and/or clients;
- Perform other assigned tasks or duties as required.
- Technical college degree in Engineering, Construction or equivalent relevant degree.
- Basic Construction knowledge of roads and municipal infrastructure would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make decisions and work with little supervision.
Full time position with minimum 37.5 hours per week. The successful applicant will be carrying out tasks and duties on construction sites.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.