About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Temiskaming in the City of Temiskaming Shores, LEA Consulting Ltd. is seeking a Drafting Technician to join our team working on municipal infrastructure projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize various engineering software such as (AutoCAD, Civil3D, MicroStation, and InRoads) to modify and/or create drawings for roads and municipal infrastructure projects;
- Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts;
- Maintain and modify design layouts through the project lifecycle;
- Prepare/Assist in calculations of quantity take-offs as required;
- Manage and organize the collection, recording, and digital filing of field data;
- Assist in preparation of technical reports and other documents about project status and progress;
- Liaise as required with other technical team staff and/or sub-consultants and/or clients;
- Perform other assigned tasks or duties as required.
- Technical college degree in Engineering, Construction, Drafting, CAD Engineering, or equivalent relevant degree.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft programs such as Word, and Excel and drafting programs such as AutoCAD, Civil3D, MicroStation, or InRoads would be considered an asset.
- Ability to handle technical assignments of substantial variety and different levels of complexity.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ability to make decisions and work with little supervision.
Full time position with minimum 37.5 hours per week. The successful applicant will be carrying out tasks and duties in an office environment as well as on construction sites.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.