About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
The Civil Structural Design Technician will work from our Markham head office in our Structural Engineering (Bridges & Transit) Practice Area. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading CAD structural design projects for such clients such as the MTO, TTC and Metrolinx involving bridges and transit stations and possess the most current skills and abilities in various aspects of structure design.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing structural engineering drawings using AutoCAD, MicroStation, or Revit
- Lead design teams in preparing CAD drawings and compliance reviews of drawing to meet client drafting standards
- Review and check designs to completeness to coordinate designs with other disciplines
- Preparing quantity calculations take-offs and complete shop drawing reviews
- Design of new bridges, underground transit stations, culverts and retaining walls and rehabilitation design of existing structures
- Maintain professional growth and development though seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends
- Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation
- Previous experience in Structural Design
- Proficiency in MicroStation / AutoCAD / Revit
- General knowledge of municipal roads, highways, and transportation infrastructure
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Experience working on Projectwise platform
- Demonstrated willingness to learn
- Strong mathematical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a multidisciplinary environment
- Organization, prioritizing and time management skills
- Willingness to work overtime when required
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team