About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Temiskaming in the City of Temiskaming Shores, LEA Consulting Ltd. is seeking a Civil Engineer in Training to join our team working on municipal infrastructure projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare plans and designs, calculations and bills of material in accordance with established codes, standards, drawings and other specifications under directions from Senior Design Professionals.
- Co-ordinate with the design team, other technical team staff and/or sub-consultants and/or clients as well as attend projects meetings when necessary;
- Assist Project Managers with schedules and day to day project management tasks;
- Assist in field inspection of existing structures and compiling inspection reports;
- Assist in developing project specifications and cost estimates;
- Perform other assigned tasks or duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Working knowledge of Municipal Infrastructure design and construction would be an asset.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft programs such as Word, and Excel and drafting programs such as AutoCAD, Civil3D, MicroStation, or InRoads would be considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of occupational Health and Safety Act.
Full time position with minimum 37.5 hours per week. The successful applicant will be carrying out tasks and duties in an office environment as well as on construction sites.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.