CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Bridge Team Lead/Senior Bridge Engineer
LOCATION: Markham, Ontario
About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA is currently seeking a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our dynamic Bridges & Structures Practice Area, located at our Markham office. The ideal candidate, will possess exemplary leadership and mentorship capabilities, a solid background in Bridges Engineering and will aspire to lead the team as a Department head.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Department Manager in managing resources, leading proposals, forecasting revenue and project billings,
- Act as Design Lead on structural projects - new bridges, underground transit stations, culverts and retaining walls and rehabilitation design of existing structures.
- Coordinate and supervise technicians, consultants and designers in contract drawing preparations
- Develop project specifications and cost estimates
- Actively participate in seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest industry trends.
- Must possess Civil Engineering degree and P.Eng. designation; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 plus years progressive track record as a bridge design engineer or project engineer on bridge projects or underground subway/LRT station design.
- Expertise in steel reinforced concrete, and pre-stressed concrete design to CSA-S6 and CAN/CSA A23.3 essential.
- Well established professional relationships with TTC/Metrolinx and the Ministry of Transportation.
- Strong analytical skills and creativity to develop concepts/options and complete evaluations to criteria.
- Excellent communication and professional presentation skills to interact with senior level industry and government stakeholders;
If you are excited by the challenges of working in a dynamic, client-focused organization, we invite you to come grow with our team!
 We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.