BIM Modeller/CAD Drafter
Location: Downtown Toronto, ON
About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA is currently seeking a BIM Modeller / CAD Drafter to join our team of highly skilled professionals in our Structural Engineering for Buildings group located in the Downtown Toronto Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for model / drawing production on a wide range of buildings structures related projects and will be joining a growing team that desires to be recognized as one the industry’s best. Qualified candidates will have the most current skills and abilities in various aspects of structural BIM / CAD.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and prepare models / drawings from concept sketches and engineering designs using Revit and AutoCAD;
- Continually monitor industry trends and developments in technology and adopt into work flow when deemed appropriate;
- Work with the engineering team to improve workflow efficiencies through the use of software that leverages BIM;
- Develop and maintain the companies modelling / drafting standards;
- Maintain and modify structural design layouts through the project lifecycle;
- Interact with structural engineering team to understand project requirements (schedule and budgets) and monitor throughout the project;
- Liaise with peers from client and/or other consultants to gather project information to develop plans, sections, elevations, details to deliver a coordinated design package;
- Review design of architect and other consultants to ensure structural design is compatible and complete;
- Take ownership of the production of documentation packages and drawings sets; and
- Accurately record activities on projects.
- 2-5 years of related structural modelling / drafting experience using Revit and AutoCAD;
- Graduate of an Engineering Design or Drafting Technology program, or equivalent;
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD and able to produce structural engineering models/drawings for buildings. Proficiency with Bentley MicroStation would be an added benefit;
- General knowledge of structures constructed of concrete, structural steel, masonry and timber;
- Effective communication skills;
- Attention to detail, particularly related to the quality of the models/drawings;
- Demonstrated willingness to learn;
- Proven desire to independently research technological advances of the industry;
- Organizational, prioritizing and time management skills;
- Willingness to work overtime when required; and
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.