BIM Modeller (Buildings) – New Graduate
Location: Downtown Toronto, ON
About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA Consulting Ltd. is seeking BIM Modeller to join our team located in the Downtown Toronto Office. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of success. The successful candidate will assist in drafting/modelling engineering designs for (Institutional, Commercial and Residential) projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and prepare models/drawings from concept sketches and engineering designs using Revit and AutoCAD
- Continually monitor industry trends and developments in technology and adopt into work flow when deemed appropriate
- Work with the engineering team to improve workflow efficiencies through the use of software that leverages BIM
- Develop and maintain the companies modelling/drafting standards
- Maintain and modify structural design layouts through the project lifecycle
- Liaise with peers from client and/or other consultants to gather project information to develop plans, sections, elevations, details to deliver a coordinated design package
- Review design of architect and other consultants to ensure structural design is compatible and complete
- Take ownership of the production of documentation packages and drawings sets, and accurately record activities on projects
- Perform other related tasks and duties as assigned
- Graduate of an Engineering Design or Drafting Technology program, or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of MicroStation would be an asset
- Able to produce structural engineering models/drawings for buildings
- Organizational, prioritizing and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A desire to learn and continually develop
- Co-op experience is an asset
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.