About LEA Consulting Ltd.
We are a well-established highly successful engineering and planning consulting firm with offices in Markham, downtown Toronto and overseas.
Currently we are over 160 strong, and growing, vibrant and entrepreneurial. We are ecstatic about our business opportunities in Ontario and worldwide. In line with our succession planning initiatives, we are searching for a dynamic and driven professional who will perfect their talents as an Assistant Project Manager / Contract Administrator as part of their career progression to Senior Leadership roles within the company over time.
You challenge in this role will be to:
- Assist with management of Contract Administration Assignments including roads and bridges, from due diligence phases to completion within competitive budgets and schedules
- Develop agendas, conduct meetings, prepare minutes and other critical documentation, and develop action plans with appropriate follow-up.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely, professional manner
- Prepare, organize and keep all project correspondences current in the respective project files
- Review Contractors’ submissions (critical path schedules, change proposals, etc.) for compliance with contractual obligations
- Check, review and approve all invoices / progress claims for correct quantity, unit price, percentage of work performed.
- Negotiate contract, pricing issues, and construction claims
- Participate in the recruitment, training and coaching of Contract Administration staff to build and maintain the best team in the industry.
Here’s what you Offer
Professional Engineer in Ontario, or EIT in the final stages prior to licensing in addition to:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Civil Engineering Field (Transportation)
- Experience as Contract Administrator on MTO or municipal projects is an asset but not essential
- An energetic, collaborative and team-oriented attitude is essential to working with this team.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills to act as a facilitator and problem solver.
- Excellent MS Office skills. - Proficiency in AutoCad and MS Project an asset.
- Highly detail oriented and astute at identifying and managing priorities
- Valid driver’s licence in good standing and access to a vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours according to project schedules and travel to various site locations