Location: Markham, Ontario
About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
Reporting directly to the Corporate Controller with dotted line reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Manager’s role has a heavy emphasis on Financial Accounting duties as well as the Project Accounting function including preparation of invoices as needed, monitoring project status, ensuring accuracy and updating of project budgets. Possibility of role progression into a Corporate Controller within 3-5 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure GL reconciliations are performed on a monthly and annual basis in conjunction with the Corporate Controller;
- Preparation and/or review of working paper files for external auditors;
- Perform or supervise bank reconciliation and accounting for fixed assets, prepaid expenses, Errors and Omission accruals, etc.;
- Prepare Joint Venture financial statements and related documents;
- Ensure books and records are “auditable” within 10 business days’ notice;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements, annual consolidation and intercompany reconciliations;
- Provide guidance and training to other accounting staff.
- Preparation of monthly remittances (income taxes instalments, sales tax and other remittances);
- Statistics Canada filings.
Budget Coordination and cash management
- Assistance in preparation of operating and capital budgets;
- Assistance in cash management;
- Preparation of cash report.
Project Accounting and Job Costing
- Provide guidance and ensure Project Managers work follows best practices;
- Communicate with and reviewing Estimated Cost to Complete analyses, provisions and revenue recognition recommendations prepared by others on the team;
- Develop standard reports to aid Project Managers in their assessment of project financial health and the planning/ management of projects;
- Informal education of Project Managers on Deltek Vision and how they can use/interpret financial information available in the System;
- Assist in the development and implementation of project controls to aid in financial risk management objectives.
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision is a requirement;
- Post-secondary degree specializing in Accounting;
- Minimum of two years in a managerial accountant role;
- Experience in an engineering consulting firm is an asset;
- Experience working in MS Office applications;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- A “can-do” attitude and proven accomplishments as a problem-solver;
- Professional designation: CPA designation (or equivalent).
- Possibility of role progression into a Corporate Controller within 3-5 years.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.