LEA is currently seeking an Intermediate/Project Accountant reporting directly to the Financial Controller.
- Enter projects and project budgets in Vision
- Run draft and final invoices for multiple departments and multidisciplinary projects
- Prepare invoice summaries for public sector clients
- Monitor project budgets and assist project managers in cost control
- Ensure time sheet and expense postings for accurate reporting
- Create custom /generate standard reports for Project Managers
- Assist in the collection of Accounts Receivable
- Set up Vision reports in managers’ dashboards and educate users on Vision
- Keep CFO and Controller updated and abreast on project issues (budgets, invoicing, collection), client issues, project overruns, requests for extras
- Enter and monitor billing rates
- When necessary, assist with accounts payable and cheque runs
- Reconciliation of G/L accounts
- Assist with annual financial statement audit
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
At least five (5) years of experience in a professional services based firm, preferably in the Engineering/Consulting industry. Proficiency in Deltek Vision is a requirement of this position and will be tested during the interview process.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field
- Ability to work in a team environment. Currently all team members enter projects and run invoices, do invoice adjustments and assist project managers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines, and possess strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
LEA Consulting Ltd., an employee owned company is a well-established professional services company comprised of engineers and planners providing consulting services for the planning, design and construction administration of transportation infrastructure (primarily roads, highways, bridges and transit systems).
Based in Markham Ontario, LEA Consulting Ltd. currently employs 150 people. The culture is ripe for employee growth and development and has evolved to one of high achievement orientation with many long service highly engaged employees on staff. The enviable culture is flexible, professional and relaxed, yet keenly focused with a track record of growth and success. LEA is owned and managed by senior professionals ensuring a high level of client service, commitment to technical excellence and cost effective implementation.