ACCESSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE PLAN
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
LEA Consulting Ltd. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with the various assistive devices we have on site or are provided that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public. Where we cannot identify that the animal is a service animal we may request documentation from a regulated health professional.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons for admission to LEA’s premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, LEA will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at the reception area.
LEA will provide training to all members of our organisation in accessible customer service and how to interact with those who have disabilities. Additional training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
This training will be provided to staff within the first four (4) weeks of hiring.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- LEA’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use any assistive equipment available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing LEA’s services.
- How to assist people with disabilities in the event of a building evacuation.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to LEA’s plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way LEA provides services to people with disabilities can:
- Use the feedback form on our website (www.lea.ca).
- Send a direct email or telephone call to any individual at LEA.
- Send correspondence to LEA Consulting Ltd. at our office address.
- Meet in person with a scheduled appointment.
LEA will provide or arrange for accessible formats or communication support on request.
All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to the appropriate individual for review and will be assessed for any appropriate action.
Customers can expect to hear back in 3 business days.
Notice of availability
LEA Consulting Ltd. will notify the public that our policies are available upon request by posting a notice on our website and at our office in the reception area.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of LEA that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.